Think about this a moment:
1. All churches have, in one way or another, been involved in politics for centuries. Why the shock ?
2. The power to tax IS THE POWER TO DESTROY !
3. All of the political contributions are un taxed too. So if we tax one why not the other.
4. If people are so weak willed and stupid that they just vote for anyone a church endorses, what difference can tax make ?
5. The constitution, as it was written, OUTLAWED ANY DIRECT TAX ! Do you know why?
( SEE ITEM # 2 )
6. The 10,000 volume tax code, allows virtually anyone with the means to avoid some tax, and is written by special interests through politicians they bought. (If we remove the churches tax exempt status, who will speak for justice, equal rights and ethics, lawyers and politicians? NOT LIKELY !
7. If the income tax is replaced by a 2% consumption tax, with a fixed rate, food and medicine exemptions, and 1% for stocks and intangable transactions, that can't be changed without a 66% majority, we are all equal again. We all can say what we think without fear of the IRS or Mob Rule. (What our founders imagined!) BEST OF ALL CONGRESS IS OUT OF THE SPECIAL TREATMENT BUSINESS !
Just food for thought, not a finished concept: But isn"t this more worthy of our attention than tapes from meetings, class warfare, church bashing, and Dancing with The Stars Politics "
I think so !