Ten thousand of us, 60 and older, retire every day. we are the largest segment of the population, and we don't have a horse in this race. Once more, we are trying to pick the lesser of two evils. BOTH PARTIES HAVE FAILED, AND ARE FAILING AGAIN TO OFFER REAL SOLUTIONS !
Food For Thought !
The Painless Solution:
1. A 2% national sales tax (Exempt food, medicine, and primary home purchases.)
2. A 1% tax on all stock transactions.
3. A 2% tax on intangable transactions, Oil and Gas, Intellectual property etc.
4. An end to all direct income tax of any kind.
5. A tariff increase of 2% on alll imported goods. ( Again, except food or medicine.)
6. Require all banks and investors to write down the principle on underwater loans to market , over the next 5 years. With a 20% down requirement for any new home purchase.
7. Term limits for all elected federal officials, and a 50% reduction in staff for congress.
8. A balanced budget ammendment requireing a 2/3 majority to override it. (This would include any change to the national tax rate.
9. A Federal Insurance Department to regulate all health insurance, with open boarders interstate competition, comprised of 2/3 customers one third elected every 6 years by popular vote.
10. A bar to any national party supporting any local elections.
If you don't like these ideas, substitute your own. The main thing is to get us talking about solutions that can actually work. The main thing is to realize that Government does not know best and that the parties are only interested in themselves and the next election.